Monday 1 January 2007

Sinking

A couple of days ago I , very unexpectedly, ran into my 'ex' (ooh I hate that word). I was caught completely off-guard and we spoke for a while, at least he spoke and I blabbered. It was weird and unsettling . Though we were talking to each other, it felt like our eyes were having some other conversation running parallely. And my mind couldn't seem to focus on either of the conversations. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I couldn't stay for too long and the conversation ended pretty fast.

I came back and I felt like I did when we had just broken up. It's been 1 year, 3 months and 23 days since we broke off. And two evenings back , I felt like my heart was broken all over again and all the little pieces were floating around inside me and slowly settling to the bottom of my stomach.

2 comments:

iz said...

The rule about running into exes is that you should either be looking fabulous or you should be with your yummy new boyfriend. Takes the edge off the pain!

Tarantismo said...

I WAS looking absolutely faboulous , I'm positive about that..
But it didn't help. :-(
Hmmm , yummy new boyfriend - that's going to take some time.
However, I think the feelings were mutual so I guess that is some cold comfort.