Monday 1 January 2007

My first propah New Year's Party !!!

Thanks to Aa I went for my first serious New Year Party and it turned out to be THE best party I've ever ever ever been to !!!

It happened in a little island off the coast of Cochin. We were told to wear a black top with jeans and meet at the Cochin Jetty. I think, we, the enthu cutlets that we are, were one of the first to turn up , dot at 9.30 . There was around 12 of us and we all boarded a little boat and were off. I was really excited but I didn't show it - 'Oh I do this all the time!'
It was a quick journey and we were greeted by the hostess and her sister and made to wear glittery poncho's over our tops and the guys had to wear silver tinsels around their neck .

The place was pretty. And I say that because no other word describes it better. It was quaint and well decorated and well, it was just so pretty.

So after the customary round of introductions, we went straight to the bar and I downed my first mug of beer. And after that everything else is a blur !!! Ha ha, no not really. AFter a few more mugs and when I started feeling like everyone was My Best Friend, we all gathered around for games ! Yes , there were games !!! And it was shit loads of fun, I'm really bad at describing things, (as you may have already noticed) , so I'm not going to get into that !

And then the dancing began !!! And I love looooove luhuve to dance, especially when I'm a Happy High ! And to top it up, they had Bhalle bhalle music which is currently what I love to shake to !

And we danced and danced and danced and danced in the New year and burst cracker and danced some more. And then everyone was really tired out and then they bring in the band. Yup, there was a band too, to top it all ! It was just two guys on the guitar actually, but they were really really good and sang really good songs - Dylan, CCR , Elvis and a lot more of my favourites !

And once everyone had recharged their batteries, WE HAD KARAOKE !!!!!
Ha ha, I'm still laughing thinking about it. Reading lyrics off a projector, with a video of a couple walking hand in hand along a beach, feeling the pain when singing Yesterday, fighting for the mike with Aa for 'Oh Carol', starting the 'Ooh ooh ooh-ooh ' a little earlier and stretching it a little longer for Imagine. Aaah, nothing is more rejuvenating than some good heartfelt karaoke !!!

And this continuef for a while, with the occasional break for the live band, then dhingchik dhingchik dancing, and more dancing .... and lots lots lots of beer....

And before we knew it was 5 in the morning and we were served strong hot coffees and sweets , the boats were readied and we headed back to reality.

What a party !!

1 comment:

malind said...

Hi,

Could you tell me where exactly was this party coz I plan to be in Cochin this new year and am looking for a good place to hang out on new years eve..

Thanks in advance