Wednesday 11 July 2007

This was home





Some of you must be squirming seeing that unholy mess. I can assure you that there is nothing that moves in there. I grew quite fond of that messy room. This photo was taken at the end of what was a very busy week at work, so right after this, I would have gotten down to cleaning up the place..

For a year, this was home. I'll always remember this place fondly. I think I grew up quite a bit the one year I was here. Packing up was quite a task. Amma came over to help out, though it did put me in quite a spot number of times.

She found a matchbox in my old handbag.. 'What's this for? Cigarettes?'

A neat round burn mark left by cigarette, on counterpane, bed sheet and all the way through to the mattress. No questions asked on this one..

And when I was emptying the drawers, I find this small stash of weed, in a little plastic cover with some rolling paper. Leftovers from a long time back. Thankfully, Amma wasn't around. I couldn't bear to throw it away , so I stuffed it into a little perfume box and packed it away. And for the first time ever and probably the last, my parents, me and weed are all in the same room in Kottayam... Not for too long though !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aah the weed. That was a good time. " Good job with the wine" and photos and the grey dress. Come soon K

Anonymous said...

good to have you back again, T.

and you do realise that you've confessed to a crime on your blog, right?
Eeps! So have I! Damn Section 312.

Anonymous said...

So when are you going to smoke it? how do you smoke at home BTW? I used to do all kinds of wierd things - just for a smoke.Good to have you back!

hideindisguise said...

how do u smoke it at home?..
well, I tried smoking at home once, in the bathroom, but as my bro smokes too, I knew no one would suspect me doing it! [:P]

Fireflies said...

sounds good. i actually need weed with my parents!

Me said...

hee hee...the last line cracked me up!!!!
come back to blogging soon tarant pls.

Tarantismo said...

I didn't smoke it at home, its come with me to Madras... And hopefully I'll be able to use it soon!