Thursday 19 July 2007

I'm-Proud-Of tag

Broom, I owe you an apology. This took way too much time and I couldn't even think of 8 things I'm proud . But the 5 that I did think of, I'm super proud of. I think I'll come back to this late if I ever do think of more things. I know there are more things I should be proud of....

Here goes.

Appa , for everything that he is. He's incredibly intelligent, very very straightforward and very very funny.

Amma , for her strength, for being able to keep her cool at all times, her energy and enthusiasm, her genuine-ness and her amazing cooking skills.

My brother. Just writing this, gets me all choked up and teary-eyed and happy. AA is every sister's dream come true..

My dad's sister O - She lost her husband very early in her marriage, was a single mom and had to stay with very nasty parents-in-law and even nastier sister-in-law. She ran a huge crumbling tharavad all on her own, managed the family property , dealt with scum-of-the-earth dealers and real estate agents and made sure that NO ONE messed with her. She's an incredibly strong woman, extremely straightforward , proud and yet humble. AND she's funny, loves to tell stories and has the most whole-hearted laugh I've ever heard .

My grandmother, my mother's mother - If I could be half, even one-tenth the woman that she was , I'd be happy. After she passed away, my mom used to have complete strangers come up to her and speak so fondly about Ammachi and how she helped them out.



AND I'm tagging myself with Broom's latest tag .... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know abt the father's older sister. have not heard this story.nice entry.
~e

Anonymous said...

about time, girl!
your aunt sounds really amazing.


also, i only didn't tag you because i thought you were busy moving and all...
:)