Sunday 17 June 2007

bye-nocs.. (sorry, I just had to)

Have binoculars been phased out ? I've been trying to get Appa a good pair of binocs for the last 2 months, but despite all my efforts, I am yet to even SEE binocs in any shop.

A couple of day's back I met my mom's father's cousin's granddaughter's husband (hee hee, I mugged that up before going to their place) who works with Carl Zeiss. He told me about a shop that deals with optical lenses, where Carl Zeiss did keep a few binoculars as well, for sale. So today evening, I dropped by at the shop and asked the sales girl if they had Carl Zeiss binoculars.

"bifocals? Yes, we have bifocals"

"No, no, binoculars"

"Yes, we have. Bifocals"

"No No. BI-NO-CULARS. Carl Zeiss Binoculars"

"Ma'am, they're called bifocals. We have Carl Zeiss bifocals, yes"

OKAY..
I think I'll have to order it off Amazon or something.

2 comments:

Kochukandhari said...

That's hilarious and kinda sad.

Me said...

LOL...
Bifocals!!!
snort.
Oh that's priceless :)