Thursday 5 April 2007

Playing it safe

One of my biggest fears (besides cockroaches and men dressed as clowns and Santa Clauses) is the fear of failure. Till now, whatever I've done, I've done it well. If I know that I'm not going to be good at doing something, then I just won't venture into doing it. Simple. Taking risks, for me, is like suicide. I'm scared that if I take a risk, it might be a huge mistake. What if I've made the wrong decision ?

I fear making the wrong decision. When I've made a wrong decision, I hold on to the regret and the pain that accompanies it, because I'm scared that if I don't do that, I might make that same mistake again.

I know that these fears of mine are doing me more harm than good. I know that I need to take a few risks, take the plunge, make mistakes , learn and move on. But just the thought of all that makes me feel queasy.

6 comments:

Me said...

Dearest aRrAck,
I wish I could say something that could take this fear away but I have tons of moments like this too.
I send you hugs and vibes instead and hope in your time, in your way, you shall conquer this fear.

desi witch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
desi witch said...

corny as it sounds - there is really nothing to fear but fear itself.

Tarantismo said...

me, thank you.. Its comforting to know that someone's been through the same feelings !
DW, yeah, its so true !

Sig said...

Heya...I know what you mean. But for me it's a bit of a twist - My fear is being successful. After trying so hard and failing to get there - I'm afraid of losing it.

Sig said...

lol back again - a poem i wanted to share with you:

I feared being alone
Until I learned to like
Myself.


I feared failure
Until I realized that I only
Fail when I don't try.


I feared success
Until I realized
That I had to try
In order to be happy
With myself.


I feared people's opinions
Until I learned that
People would have opinions
About me anyway.


I feared rejection
Until I learned to
Have faith in myself.


I feared pain
Until I learned that
it's necessary
For growth.


I feared the truth
Until I saw the
Ugliness in lies.


I feared life
Until I experienced
Its beauty .


I feared death
Until I realized that it's
Not an end, but a beginning.


I feared my destiny,
Until I realized that
I had the power to change
My life.


I feared hate
Until I saw that it
Was nothing more than
Ignorance.


I feared love
Until it touched my heart,
Making the darkness fade
Into endless sunny days.


I feared ridicule
Until I learned how
To laugh at myself.


I feared growing old
Until I realized that
I gained wisdom every day.


I feared the future
Until I realized that
Life just kept getting
Better.


I feared the past
Until I realized that
It could no longer hurt me.


I feared the dark
Until I saw the beauty
Of the starlight.


I feared the light
Until I learned that the
Truth would give me
Strength.

I feared change,
Until I saw that
Even the most beautiful butterfly
Had to undergo a metamorphosis
Before it could fly.