Wednesday 14 February 2007

A Saree Story

Today, on my way to work, I saw a man standing on the pavement, burning a worn-out cotton saree. He was standing there, making sure that the bunched-up saree caught fire. There was a piece of paper underneath, to which he had set fire, to help the saree burn. Somehow, the sight really scared me. I felt a queasy in my stomach wondering what the story was behind that saree. Who did it belong to ? And what had driven the man to burn the saree? Was he trying to hide something ? Destroying evidence? I just can't get that picture out of mind, and I just can't stop my mind wandering , imagining the story of that saree.

7 comments:

Me said...

Maybe it was a sad love story or something...maybe he bought it for his wife but found her cheating or for a daughter who died or who ran away or maybe it was his mom's who died....uhmm...that is intriguing

Me said...

ok so it's official. I heart your blog. I just finished reading them all. Just thought you should know.

Tarantismo said...

That's a little less unnerving way of looking at it. I was thinking more int the lines of a rape or a murder....



Hey, what does " I heart your blog" mean ?
is it a good thing or bad thing?
I'm wondering if I should put this on your blog... the question that is, as a comment.

Me said...

So found you a link on the urban dictionary for meaning of "i heart"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I+heart+you

hope that helps. it just means i really like your blog :)

Uhmm...yeah, it could be a rape or murder...what did the guy look like? not that that's any real help.

Tarantismo said...

thank you !!! :) (wide wide grin) !


He seemed youngish (now that I'm 24, 30-something looks young ! ). Had a mustache, tall, well-built, definitely capable of holding a woman down.....................

N A R I YA L C H U T N E Y said...

May be he was an anti valentines day protestor :( who broke up with some one :P. Lots of other possibilities as well :)

Fireflies said...

hey arrack,,, write moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! please. btw i finally wrote abt the name of my blog!