Monday 26 February 2007

My Weepy Friday


I had a severe and almost amusing (when I look back at it now) attack of PMS this Friday . Despite the fact that I was headed home , I think I shed enough tears to filla few buckets. The first session was in the plane. The plane started to move towards the runway and it sounded like an old Ambassador warming up... grrrr...grrrr...grrrr. I should have expected that from an Indian Airlines flight. Ten minutes later, we were told that there were some engine trouble and consequently we were stuck in the aircraft for more than an hour. Thankfully, I had my book with me and I was totally engrossed in it all the while.

Before I knew it, I was weeping. The book is brilliant and I felt like I was living in that world and knew each of the characters. And then Esteban , in a fit of fury, slaps Clara across the face. I felt so sad and hurt for both Clara and Esteban that I couldn't stop crying. Tears just kept streaming down, the floodgates had been opened. Despite the teary eyes and the blurry vision, I read these few pages over and over again and cried just as much everytime I came to that passage.
And then I cried some more later on, when the flight had taken off because one of the characters died. I wept and I wept and I wept (there was no one sitting beside me, thankfully) .

And as we were about to land, I looked out and saw the aircraft wings , looking pretty antiquated, and I noticed how it seemed like it was falling apart , with the paint coming off , I was sure we were going to crash land, what with all the weird noises and sudden jerks. Strangely enough , I didn't weep at the thought, and instead said a little prayer and thought of who'd be the last people I'd think about just before ..........
Morbid me...

Later in the evening, I was watching American Idol. And every time Ryan Seacrest told one of the contestants 'So-and-so, America voted you out..' I could feel my heart well up. I felt a lump in my throat and felt so incredibly sad and my heart went out to the contestant. Then they would sing that last swan song just before leaving and Paula would have her usual sentimental statements to add and they'd show the family members, looking disheartened and saddened. I had to fight to keep the tears away. I had to hold them back, but I just couldn't , the floodgates had reopened and I was weeping all over again..

Amma thinks that if American Idol is making me cry, then its not just PMS, its definitely something more serious and that I should see a doctor......


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think, i know exactly how you feel. I feel that way too and not just when i watch american idol but anything thats sad and unfair and just should NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN!!I even feel terrible when the villan gets his payback in the end of a movie.

Me said...

Oh dahling.
Maybe just have one full crying session, maybe?
I started tearing up when they did the tributes for the dead people at the oscars...and then in my room I deliberately sat down and counted all the people in my life who were dead and half an hour later, I was weeping and weeping.
But feel much better now.

Tarantismo said...

Yeah, I know what you mean . Tts been so long since I had a good crying session - where I cry for no one reason, but for a number of reasons, none of which I can really pinpoint- and then afterwards , I feel so so so much better and rejuvenated !

Akkare said...

Arrack, CONGRATS on the gold medal. Hope you are feeling less PMSy now. Must be a delayed reaction to the work arguments.

desi witch said...

indian airlines can make ANYONE weep.