Thursday 7 December 2006

Weekend News

The weekend was heavenly, and yes, I deserved it , I did , I did.

And there were a couple of surprises at the end of it. For one, on Tuesday , the day amma and my brother, henceforth Aa, were leaving , Aa actually cleaned up the house , including emptying the garbage and sweeping the balcony. He just kills me , he does , my brother. I get all teary-eyed and grateful and proud everytime I think of him , especially when I haven't seen him in a long time.

And then, after they had left, what do I find ? My mother , my super-organised, meticulous mother has left a pair of salwar and kameez behind. Yup, I was shocked. And this time, all that Aa's left behind is a pen and a pair of towel-slippers (you know what I mean, the ones you get in fancy hotels, to wear in the room, do they have a name?) which he was anyway giving to me.
I really am surprised.

And thanks to my ever-generous brother (I am going on and on about him , aren't I? Its called gushing with love and gratitude, and what are blogs for, huh? Anyway, bear with me..) I am now the proud owner of an uber cool pair of Bose speakers. And I'm telling you THEY ARE BRILLIANT. They are truly a class apart and I'm not exaggerating. When I'm in office , all I want to do is come back and listen to the Kill Bill soundtrack , with the bass up real high.. Aaaah , what more could a girl want !!

Edit : I just found Aa's shirt hanging on a hook in the bathroom, I am relieved.
And I forgot to mention, he also bought me yellow and purple flowers and arranged them on top of the fridge. :-)

2 comments:

manjadi said...

that was a damn sweet entry.It made me think of the times I wanted an older brother.and speaking of bose speaker, I was in the bose showroom, wanted to listen to the bose show, for old times sake. a super enthu salesmen did all the talking and presented the speakers with quite a lot of drama. anyway looks like I really need to make a trip to Bangalore now,

Kochukandhari said...

It's always weird when your mother *horrors* forgets something!