Wednesday 15 November 2006

Carpe Diem !!!

I stay on my own in Bangalore, earn a lot of money and have no commitments that pin me down... So technically , I should be really happy , just revelling in all this independence that I have. This was the picture that I had painted for myself when I was a kid - to have a place of my own, have a bottle of wine in the house, have friends over occasionally, whip up a quick dinner for myself... And yes, I am happy and I am very grateful. But somehow I keep thinking that if , oh if I had someone to share it with, someone really special then it would be so much better..
And I really need to stop thinking like that. On my way back from work, I thought to myself, having a 'significant other' doesn't necessarily make life better/happier. It definitely changes things, it just takes your mind off being 'alone' and keeps you occupied with other stuff.. so that's that.

What I really should be doing is cherishing these times , these days of unmitigated self- absorption because pretty soon I dont think I'll have all this time and energy for me me me me ... So carpe diem - seize the day!!!

So that's what I'm going to do .. I always felt that there is a purpose to this moment in my life.I think I need to find myself, make new friends, do things for myself..

So here goes !!!!

1 comment:

Akkare said...

Hey, good to have to back....as you may have made out from my blog, i totally agree with you. you go girl!!!!!