Monday 4 February 2008

Songs & Memories

Since I've been so out of things to write about, I made up a tag of my own. A tag to list songs and memories I attach with them.

'All I want is a room somewhere' from My Fair Lady takes me back almost twenty years. Junior school singing competition. I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach and the eyes of our Physical Ed sir, who incidentally was one of the judges, drilling a hole into me.

'Jesus Loves me This I Know For the Bible Tells me So' reminds me of Monday morning assembly. How we consistently ruined the song, dragging it out and singing it oh-so flat...

Scatman's World & Sleeping Child reminds me of school and our excursion to Delhi. Yellow scarves, piles of sweaters and an extremely noisy bus. And there was all the tension of who's sitting with who, which gang is cooler, which boy is hitting on which girl...

James Taylor reminds me of my father. We've never needed a music system in the car.

Nirvana & Led Zeppelin reminds me of College and my forays into the world of nicotine and more.

Beatles makes me nostalgic about college and our graduation dinner. We were all huddled together in a cab and headed to some pub, very drunk and very happy and singing 'nothing's gonna change my world' like we really meant it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey janis joplin reminds me of you!! and Miss a.Miss a also gets " everythings gonna be alright "

Anonymous said...

It's "Dream" and "im a tiger" for miss L.
and a complete assortment for you.....from Mr Tambourine man and "jokerman" right upto "guess who's back" and "die another day" !!

But in reference to the night huddled in the taxi on our way to who knows where, the climax was when a 'certain' someone decided to walk into Mansingh and HURL right in their lobby entrance!!!!!