Monday 11 June 2007

Bangalore bangalore....

In another three weeks , I'm no longer going to be Mind Blogging from Bangalore.

I'm going to miss Bangalore. I'm going to miss the life I had here. I remember when I was a kid how I've always longed to stay on my own and do my own stuff.. And I've got that chance and I've absolutely loved it. Yes there were days of loneliness, moments of "awful sinking feelings", Sunday evening blues. But I think it was mostly good.

I'll miss Bangalore weather. Especially considering that I'm headed to Chennai. And Bangalore is such a pretty city, if you can just forget the traffic and pollution and billboards. Some of the roads and little lanes are so incredibly pretty and quaint that a walk down those lanes does wonders to my mood !

I want to visit Cubbon park one last time before I leave, spend the evening there, like I did with J (and maybe get up close and personal with the "grass", like we did last time). I want to go for one more Bangalore walk and visit the Planetarium as well (something which has been in the list for ages now). One last meal at Sunny's
and one last book-binge at Blossom's

Sigh...

Edit : DW's comment made me realise I hadn't really told you my plans after quitting. I'm shifting back to Madras where I will be working with one of my profs as an RA/TA while I work on my applications.So I should be in Madras for a year or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? Why are you leaving? B'lore is my fav city in India, btw.

Anonymous said...

I am actually quite excited for you. I know goodbyes are sad, but I love new beginnings.

leosevents said...

Hey that feeling was so frank and simple...

hope you will have get to visit the city more often.

Cheers