Sunday 29 April 2007

sunday evening whine

Sunday evenings are so terribly depressing. End of the weekend and the Monday morning looming ahead, unavoidable. And like L and I were discussing once, Sunday evening is the time when you don't want to meet up with anyone, go and out/do anything in particular. Its when you want to do 'Great gooey goops of nothing.' as the ever-audacious Ms. I put it.

Don't want to go out. Don't want to meet up with ABC XYZ.
BUT
Don't want to be alone at home either.

Its when I feel most lonely. Coz its when I'd like to be with someone AND at the same time be at home and feel at home. I want to laze around and do my own thing, feel rested for the week ahead. AND at the same time, have someone around as well, someone who's also doing their own thing.

I always feel like there were SO many things I should have done over the weekend but never did.
- should have got my passport-size photos taken .
- should have submitted documents for Hutch phone number
- should have done my grocery shopping for the week
- should have got some work done

hmmm . I really should be more positive.

Things I did get done this weekend
- did clean the house
- did mail Aa
- did mail prof 1 about plans for further studies
- did call people I had promised to call ( though this was more to try and get myself out of depression) . Called Mr.C who has fallen in love..again, I really hope he doesn't get hurt..again.. Called J, who's phone his messed up and who's going to be back in B'lore (yaaaay!). Called N, who I've invited over next weekend, to supposedly help out with logistic regression and SAS (hee hee hee, she's in for a shock).
- did practice my guitar
- did not succumb to terrible urge to call The Ex. (still 2 more hours to go, but I WILL SURVIVE)
- did meet uncle , aunt , cousins and eat a scrumptious lunch.
- did cook a nice dinner for cousin

I feel a little better. I do. I think I'll work for a while. 5 more days and it'll be Friday evening again !

Blah

4 comments:

Me said...

OOOOOooo
this is exactly how I feel on Sunday evenings.
thank you thank you for putting it up.

desi witch said...

omg! me too! (& I mean me not the blogger Me!)
i HATE Sunday evenings. They are SOOOOOO depressing. I don't even know why. Cos I love my job so it's not that I dread getting back to work. There's just something dull and morbid about Sunday evenings.
My favourite day? Friday!

Anonymous said...

the first thing I did this morning was check if this entry was up. By the way am I "L"?

~~e

Pixie said...

Oh Gawd! That's exactly what happens with me..I hate Sunday evenings and will do anything to get over them fast..And if you notice, it gets so quiet around that time, its unsettling.. the way the whole city gets depressed about Monday coming up